Forehead Osteoma is a condition where lumps are formed on the forehead. This has become a very common problem nowadays. Contrary to how it used to be before, the number of patients suffering from the said disease is rapidly increasing. However, with advancement in medical science and technology, the cure methods have largely improved, in turn decreasing the overall recovery time. The lumps can be usually found in the skull, head and neck. The lumps cause unevenness on the skull by forming hard bone knots. They can occur at birth or may develop later. Some people acquire it by birth as it can be hereditary too. They are considered to be largely benign in most cases; so there is no pain whatsoever.
They can be single or multiple and mostly form on the hairline and eyebrows. They cause an unpleasant appearance and even cause pain in some cases. Apart from the obvious effects, forehead osteoma tends to leave many psychological scars as well. Since it deters the appearance of a person, the patients often tend to lose self-confidence and grow socially awkward. It is often very difficult to detect the oncoming of this as the lumps tend to grow slow. You can opt for some of the best doctors who offer Forehead Osteoma treatment Surgery in Delhi.
Many people live with these lumps for years without knowing the exact treatment or the method of approaching the condition effectively. This is why consulting a professional is always recommended when in doubt. Most of these lumps simply involve the outer portion of the skull but doctors still perform a comprehensive CT scan to ensure that there are no issues inside the skull.
The symptoms of Osteoma are:
- Sinus infections
- Hearing or vision problems.
- Difficulty in breathing
- An altered sense of smell
- Double vision or blurred vision
- Issues with swallowing
- The Doctor will learn about your entire list of symptoms first and then conduct a proper physical exam.
- CT scan is the go-to diagnostic test which produces high-resolution pictures inside your head and neck. It reveals the location of the benign osteoma which can show its size and placement in the body.
- A bone scan involves a small and safe amount of radioactive dye like a tracer to locate osteomas in the head, neck or skull.
You can easily make online doctor appointment prior to consultation.
Different ways of Treatment
- The Forehead Osteoma treatment involves a colonial scar.
- There are two problems with this colonial scar. The scar can be seen easily after surgery for some patients.
- A nerve named supraorbital nerve is cut during the colonial incision which may lead to a loss of sensation on the scalp. This may result in people not feeling their hair while combing.
- The second treatment involves a direct incision on the lesion over the skin. The removal of the lump is done by leaving a visible scar.
- Another method involves incision of the scalp for the removal of the lump. Here, the scar will not be visible at all.
Depending on the size, place and treatment the time taken to remove Osteoma varies but on an average, the time taken is around 30 minutes.
If you are struggling financially to afford a treatment, contact PSTakecare. They will provide you with health loans along with a hassle-free procedure.